It is time to reopen the Brackenridge and Texana Parks & Campgrounds and welcome our Day Use Guests BACK! Keep in mind this will be considered a “slow” reopening.
Day Use Information: Beginning Friday, May 1st at 9 a.m., the Brackenridge Recreation Complex will reopen for Day Use Guests. Our park offices will remain closed to public access as we continue our efforts to protect our staff and guests. Guests must call either the Brackenridge Park Office at 361-782-5456 or the Texana Park Office at 361-782-5718 to purchase a $5 Day Use Pass via credit card. Guest packets with your receipt, park map, car pass and rules will be placed on the table conveniently outside the Brackenridge Park Office doors for easy pick up on the day of arrival! All Day Use Passes are good for Brackenridge and Texana Parks & Campgrounds.
Things to remember:
- Guests should stay home if sick
- Group gatherings are NOT allowed
- Guests should practice social distancing in the parks and maintain at least a six-foot distance from people not in their family unit
- Family units must consist of no more than 10 people.
- Minor children MUST be accompanied by an adult as they explore the parks
- Day Use Guests are prohibited from utilizing any campsites and its amenities (BBQ Grill, Fire Ring, Electricity, Water, etc.)
- Playgrounds and Kayak Rentals will remain closed until further notice
- The Texana Park Nature Center will be open Tuesday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Maximum of three (3) guests will be allowed in at a time and must maintain proper social distance
- Guests may only utilize Comfort Station #1 at Brackenridge Park and Comfort Station #6 at Texana Park Day Use Area
- Bait and Ice can be purchased by phone and picked up curbside at the Brackenridge Office
- Gator Golf can be rented by phone and picked up curbside at the Brackenridge Office
- Guests should bring their own supplies with them to allow local businesses to properly serve our community during this time
- Boat Ramps are open in both parks and around the Lake
- All plans are subject to change as the situation warrants
We are focused on getting our parks open to allow our guests to safely get outdoors. Let’s all do our part to stay safe!! Remember to maintain social distancing, stay in your family unit but get OUTSIDE and enjoy the great outdoors! It’s a new day at the BRC...it may be a little different but that doesn’t mean it can’t be a GOOD day! ❤️ ENJOY!!
For questions regarding Day Use Passes or reservations: Brackenridge Park & Campground at 361-782-5456, Texana Park & Campground at 361-782-5718 or email to: brc@LNRA.org